Asbestos Roof Removal in Geelong?
We have it covered
Residential, Commercial, or Industrial
"Asbestos Watch Endorsed Contractors for a secure asbestos roof removal in Gelong"
Do you live under a safe roof?
Roofs are the “must-have” part of a building. Roofs will protect you from heat, from the sun, rain, cold weather, and the wind. However, you need to be cautious of what the roof is made of, especially if you have an old building. In Australia, asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) are widely used (especially before 1990) on the roof of commercial, residential and industrial properties.
ACMs will not harm you if you leave them undisturbed. However, since roofs face different weather conditions throughout years, it is not impossible that the top layer of the sheets break down and generates asbestos fibres. Besides the weather, during all this time, your ceiling might leak and needs to be changed.
It is also possible that you ever try to do a DIY repair attempt to your leaky roof. This action might also disturb the coontaminated roof and generates harmful fibres. Exposure to asbestos fibres can increases the risk of mesothelioma and lung cancers. You may not realize that you’ve been exposed to them while doing your daily activities.
The symptoms might not be felt right away since it takes 10 to 50 years for the first symptom to show up. Instead of risking your life and anyone around you, checking and removing your damaged asbestos roof will be the best solution!
If you suspect your roofs contain fibrous materials, call us right away!
We connect property owners to great, local removalists. Our approved contractors have an A-class license and are knowledgeable. With their experience and skills, they will help you with your asbestos roof removal Geelong project – safely and at great prices. They will conduct the job in the safest way.
Do not hesitate! Trust your roof removal project to our endorsed contractors.
- Tips to safely identify asbestos roofs
- Choosing the right contractor
- Our members do any project – in the safest way!
Tips to safely identify asbestos roofs
Living under hazardous roofs might worry you a lot. It’s hard to identify asbestos roofs by visual inspection. A thorough microscopic analysis is needed. Once ACMs are identified there, you need to remove them right away.
Asbestos roof removal Geelong is a complicated procedure, hence you can not do it yourself. Only a licensed removalist can perform the roof extraction job. The whole processes have to be supervised by a licensed assessor to ensure everything is done in accordance with national and local regulations.
Working on roofs?
Although it is nearly impossible to make an accurate identification of asbestos roofs, but you still can do these steps.
Here are the tips:
- Determine the age of your property. Asbestos is widely used during the 1980s. Thus, if your building was built within that time, it is highly likely that your building contains fibres. Since ACMs cannot be easily spotted with the naked eye, the best way to find out is by seeking information on when the roof was actually built.
- Fibrous materials are used in places that need protection from fire because of their flame retardant qualities. They have been used around fireplaces and even exterior walls and roofs.
- Generally, fibrous tiles have a gray, white or bluish-white color.
- Use the right asbestos kits. But it is the best to hire a licensed contractor to conduct the test since continuous exposure to fibres will risk your health.
- Fibres are usually found in roof sheeting, ridge tiles, downpipes, lining under eaves, guttering, loose roof insulation and rainwater head products .
Choosing the right contractor
The Australian government and the local council stated that the safest way to remove fibrous roofs is by seeking help and advice from trusted contractors. Several things need to be considered when doing an asbestos roof removal Geelong work.
You need to consider:
- Testing and removal processes should be done by a class-A licensed worker.
- An assessor is needed to carry out air monitoring and clearance inspections following the friable ACMs removing process.
- The removal process should be performed by someone who had appropriate training and hold a certificate of license.
Read more about licensing on www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au
Get in touch with us right away if you believe that your roofs contain fibres. We connect property owner with A-class licensed contractors who offer excellent asbestos roof removal Geelong services.
Our approved members have been thoroughly selected to ascertain their ability in delivering the desired results to clients. They will remove hazardous roofing materials from your property and take extensive asbestos testing processes before conducting any asbestos roof removal Geelong jobs.
The reasons why our endorsed contractors are the best choice for your removing roofs work:
- Your safety is our main priority: All works are conducted in accordance with national and local safety standards. Our endorsed contractors are committed to providing clients with the desired results.
- Our approved contractors are highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable: Our approved members are trained and have a valid A-class license. With their skilled and experience in residential, commercial and industrial properties; they will do the job safely and efficiently. No need to look for other alternatives. Our contractor members are the right removalist you need.
- Our endorsed members provide excellent services at competitive prices: They strive to deliver excellent services at value costs. They know how to deliver the project in accordance with the set plan and within clients’ budget. The total cost would be based on project’s complexity, a number of materials required, location of suspected materials and the replacement materials’ quality.
- They take all projects, big and small: Our endorsed members have the resources and expertise to complete projects of all size and complexity. They can handle all scope of projects. They will stage your project according to the set plan to make it finish on schedule. Their reputation is undoubtful, they always deliver satisfactory results to clients.
Our members do any project – in the safest way!
Fibrous roofing removal is a complicated procedure and can not be done by anyone without a license. Only a licensed removalist can do the job. Our contractors offer vast services for a safe asbestos roof extraction project. They always do the works in the safest manner.
1. Starting with a careful inspection of your roofs
Before doing the removal process, our licensed assessors will do an accurate inspection of your roofs. They will create a control plan and an asbestos register to write and document all ACMs they found. Our members will do sample collection and test samples in an accredited laboratory. They will hand you the report once the result came out and provide options to resolve your fibrous roofing issues.
2. Removing and replacing your fibrous roofs
The encapsulation process is needed before carrying out the actual removal process. The damaged materials will be coated with a special adhesive to prevent fibre materials from breaking, upon removal. Once the encapsulation process is done, our approved contractors will do the roof removal job in the safest way possible.
The following precautions are taken while removing ACMs from your roofs:
- The contaminated area is going to be sealed with plastic sheets.
- A mixture of liquid soap and water will be sprayed to wet down the suspected materials.
- The removal area will be sealed.
- The removed ACMs should remain wet.
- The discarded asbestos roof materials will be put in sealed plastic bags.
- All the equipment used during the removal process will also be put into sealed bags before disposing of them properly.
- If needed, our members can check and replace old roofs with new materials of client’s choice.
3. Dumping the dangerous waste
The disposal of hazardous waste can not be done carelessly. Our approved members will contact the local council to identify and find the nearest legal facility to dispose of the waste. They will handle the transportation and safely dispose of the dangerous waste at a legal landfill approved by the Geelong city council. The final written report will be given to you once the process is completed. The disposal procedures will be carried out in accordance with national and local regulations.
If you are planning to remove ACMs roofing from your property, give us a call today! We will connect you to A-Class licensed contractors for your commercial, residential or industrial properties in Geelong area. Our endorsed members will do the job safely, efficiently and cleanly.
Our endorsed contractors will deliver exceptional roof removal Geelong services that meet your needs and budget.
You are one step closer to get solutions for your roofing problems. Do not hesitate! Contact contractors through asbestos watch Geelong and get 100% free quotes today.